COVID-19 measures, updates, and guidance issued by the Canadian Hydrographic Service
Due to the exceptional circumstances surrounding COVID-19, CHS is teleworking and will be unable to uphold the usual level of service. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented time.
The following services are operational:
- CHSInfo – emails are being monitored and responded to
- Data licensing – submit requests through the online application form
- Digital chart updates (ENC and BSB)
- Digital nautical publications are available to download for free for personal use
- Notices to Mariners (NOTMAR) - Section 2 and 4 Notices are being produced
- Notices to Shipping / Navigational Warnings
- Paper nautical publication distribution – except those listed in the “On Hold” section
- Tidal website
- Tidal web data services
- Water Levels at Your Fingertips (Servox: tidal information via telephone)
The following services are delayed, and slower responses than normal can be expected:
- Paper chart distribution – see below for a list for authorized POD dealers that are able to process chart orders
The following services were put on hold and will not be available until further notice:
- The following printed nautical publications are not available: Canadian Tidal Manual (French version), Tides in Canadian Waters, Small Craft Guide – Lake Nipissing, and the Marine Environmental Handbook Arctic Northwest Passage.
If you have an urgent order at this time, please place it directly with one of our Print On Demand (POD) Dealers. See below for a list of POD Dealers who are able to print CHS nautical charts. Visit the Find a dealer page for their contact information.
- Date modified: